So you’ve watched the cute little kid dressed in a Darth Vader costume and asked, “What does this have to do with business?”
Here’s my take in a few bullet points:
- Like our little Darth, many owners and managers expend a great deal of energy trying to conjure up power from deep inside their own minds and bodies.
- Business leaders often try to Force others to accommodate their will.
- They spend a great deal of time running from one galaxy of ideas to another, hoping they can finally conquer something.
- Frustration begins to take its toll when they can’t bend the universe to their desires.
- When something positive happens, they often believe they alone generated the energy making the empire possible.
- They fail to realize their Father is the true Force behind the galaxy of ideas, the universal power, and the empire. He leads us to work and turns it into success.
Darth might think he acts alone, but reality is — his Father controls his destiny.
Freewill allows us to submit to that control, saving a great deal of time and energy. Or like our little Darth, we can chase success under the illusion that we make good things happen on our own, missing the true power source who can take us places far beyond what we can imagine.
What about you? Do you think you power the engine of your destiny, or do you believe in the force of God guiding you to success? Watch little Darth again, do you see yourself in any of his actions?
Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
Anita Agers-Brooks is a Business Expert, Certified Personality Trainer, Communications Specialist, speaker, and writer. She lives in Missouri with her family. Contact her via www.freshstartfreshfaith.org or firstname.lastname@example.org