Here are a few tips from my own experience that have given me clarity, spiced up my marriage, and added much joy. I pray it encourages someone today, and inspires you to give yourself the gift of more. More laughter. More peace. More romance. More faith. More hope. More sizzle. More trust. More intimacy. More of everything you want — and more of what God wants you to have.
- Choose to behave like the person you’d most like to be around. We are drawn to people who smile, and repelled by those who frown.
- Separate your facts from your emotions — on paper. There’s something powerful about getting a visual image of what’s real and what’s perception to help you clearly see the truth.
- Manifest your emotions in poetry, dance, photography, song, or painting.
- Read something inspiring, encouraging, or funny.
- Start a Gratitude Journal. Every day write down a minimum of three things you are thankful for. Nothing’s too small or big.
- Keep your promises.
- Barter for babysitting so you can schedule a date night.
- Take relationship sabbaticals — weekend getaways. Day trips.
- Read Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman.
- Make your marriage sizzle by reading Bill and Pam Farrel’s awesome book, Red Hot Monogamy.
- Trade your flannel for lingerie.
- Music and dance can lift our spirits like nothing else. Get Happy to get in the mood.
- Keep your sexual intimacy fresh. Play the board game Monogamy: A Hot Affair. . .with your spouse.
- Songs heal us at a soul-deep level, Restore by Chris August is a beautiful testament to hope on the heels of hurt.
Decide to forgive. Choose it before you feel it. Hebrews 11 describes faith—believe in restoration you cannot yet see. Transform the way you view your spouse and yourself by speaking well behind their back, whether they stay or leave.
- Make it a daily goal to laugh, belly laugh at least once. Watch a video clip, an old comedy movie, read the comics, or visit a funny friend. Whatever will trigger the good medicine of laughter.
- Never underestimate the power of a praying spouse. Jesus is captivated by you, and wants to give you the gift of a genuinely happy marriage.
How do you add spice, fun, peace, and depth to your relationship?
Here’s to many long-lasting, truly happy marriages!
Anita Fresh Faith
Anita Brooks motivates others to dynamic break-throughs. Blending mind, heart, and spirit, as an Inspirational Business/Life Coach, International Speaker, and award-winning Author. Her latest book, released through Barbour Publishing, is Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over.
Anita is also author of First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market, released by Leafwood Publishing, Death Defied-Life Defined: A Miracle Man’s Memoir, and contributor to The Change Book Series. Her titles are available at all major bookstores, Amazon, plus other online retailers.
She is also host of the Fresh Faith Inspirations podcast. In all she does, Anita fulfills her mission to help 21st century women and men make fresh starts with fresh faith by sharing what she’s learned through experience, interviews, and research.
She’s energized by overcoming adversity, work with integrity, healthy relationships, identity issues, and abundant living. Anita inspires audiences all over the world to believe as she does — in business, as in life and love, it’s never too late!
Anita’s favorite pastime is watching sunsets with her husband of 30 years, while they laugh and dip their toes in the water. Her favorite passion is inspiring others to take life’s battles, and transform them into victories.
You can connect with Anita on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Twitter. Keep up with Anita’s latest happenings at anitabrooks.com. Email email@example.com to request information on having Anita speak or train at your next event.