Most of what I know I learned from watching, listening, experiencing, but most of all from reading.
- Though not always, I often avoided mistakes that others made by reading about their consequences.
- I discovered affinities for new endeavors by reading how-to processes.
- Feeling my way through a tangle of young emotions, as a teenager, I clung to stories of people who’d experienced similar circumstances as my own.
- When asked to tackle a new project, challenge, or chaotic event at work, I found books, especially the Bible, provided much needed answers.
- And when I needed an escape, reading provided the portal to new worlds, and great adventures. Reading made life more fun.
Reading is one of the most treasured gifts I’ve ever received. Even God places importance on the power of words to change, to heal, to encourage, to offer genuine hope. Learning from reading pushed me beyond myself, to succeed more than I ever could have imagined.
Words make a difference to us, make a difference in us, and allow us to make a difference in the world around us. How does reading impact your life? Do you take it for granted? Do you see it as a precious gift?
Anita Fresh Faith
Anita Agers-Brooks is a Business and Inspirational Coach, Certified Personality Trainer, Productivity Expert, Certified Training Facilitator, Communications Specialist, national speaker. She’s the author of, First Hired, Last Fired — Biblical Secrets to Make You Irreplaceable on the Job.
She’s a partner in The Zenith Zone, a business coaching firm. Member of the Christian Writer’s Guild, Toastmasters, a client of WordServe Literary Group, and the Simply Sue Speaks booking agency. A graduate of CLASSeminars for Leaders, Speakers, and Authors, a co-founder of The StoryWriting Studio, and speaker on circuit for Stonecroft International Ministries.
Anita’s passionate about business with integrity, healthy relationships, and issues of identity. She travels the country teaching others from her personal experiences and research. She believes it’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith. Anita lives in Missouri with her husband Ricky.