Lately, I’ve struggled a bit.
Trying to figure out exactly what my core message is. Who am I as a writer and speaker? Why would anyone want to listen to anything I have to say? Where do I go to spread the word? When do I take what steps? How can I help others discover their talents, and use their unique abilities to enhance a winning attitude?
After a good night’s sleep, the first I’ve had in awhile, I awoke with a fresh outlook.
- What’s my core message? At the heart of who I am, truly lives a coach. An Inspirational Coach.
- But I’m a different sort. I’m a coach who can’t turn it off.
- I’m strategic and tactical. I do it because my life experiences have taught me to see things others often overlook.
- I coach because encouraging people to unearth every morsel of potential inside them is exciting, and pushing them to action helps them achieve more than they imagined.
- I’m a circular coach, who sees the natural connections between work, home, and the everyday things in life — all impacting the others. I know people can’t leave their personal problems at the door, before walking into work. They can’t leave their work problems at the office, or the construction site. And they carry the weight of those problems into the store, the bank, the restaurant, and the friends they encounter everyday.
- I’m a believer. I believe every human being has at least one talent, one dream, one thing designed into them by their Creator that is meant to set them apart. I believe every person needs to know why they were born, why they exist, and what they are supposed to do with the life given to them. I believe most people need help identifying what their gifts are, and a helping hand in how to use them.
- I’m compelled to look for the most efficient, productive, and prosperous way to do things. I’m always looking for better ways to go about business, and work. But it doesn’t stop there for me. I also look for those improvements in marriage, friendships, and family relationships.
- I dare to be different. I don’t follow a crowd. I take courage in my actions. The Dare Statements on my website aren’t for show, these are things I live by.
- I’m an Inspirational Coach because I can’t be anyone else. I often say, “You can make a square peg fit a round hole, but not without splinters and jagged edges.” All of us are more at peace, and happier, when we live in our talents. This is one of mine.
So what does this mean to you? I want to encourage you to live the life you were created for. I want you to live a life of meaning.
In future posts, we’ll explore the who, where, when, why, and how of inspirational coaching. So you can shoot for your goals. Occasionally you’ll miss, but you’ll get closer with each effort. Until finally, you will accomplish what you only imagined.
How can I encourage you? What topics, problems, questions, do you struggle with?
Anita Fresh Faith
1 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV)
We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Anita Agers-Brooks is a Business and Inspirational Coach, Certified Personality Trainer, Productivity Expert, Certified Training Facilitator, Communications Specialist, national speaker, and author of, First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market.
She’s a partner in The Zenith Zone, a business coaching firm. Member of the Christian Writer’s Guild, Toastmasters, a client of WordServe Literary Group, graduate of CLASSeminars for Leaders, Speakers, and Authors, a co-founder of The StoryWriting Studio, and speaker on circuit for Stonecroft International Ministries.
Anita’s passionate about business with integrity, healthy relationships, and issues of identity. She travels the country teaching others from her personal experiences and research. She believes it’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith. Anita lives in Missouri with her husband Ricky.