I’ve missed you.
After taking several weeks off for a blog hiatus to finish my latest book, I’m happy to report Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over is now with my publisher, and I’m ready to return to my routine. Even though it is a little crazier than most.
But I’ve also been up to something else. Re-designing my website. You may notice the Online Scheduler piece. For those who want to book me for speaking, training, coaching, or just a one-on-one session, now you can check my initial availability, and plug yourself in for a chat. Simply click on the scheduler icon. Isn’t automation great?
Very soon, I’ll add another fun element to my website, and with it a bonus item for insiders who follow me. There’s so much going on, it will take more than one post to catch you up, but here’s a few bullet points to start:
- Soon, I’ll launch programs to help those who are either struggling to find work, or live in fear of losing their jobs — really excited about some of the tools involved. For those who purchase(d) First Hired — Last Fired, you’ll get a nice discount on the final product, but most of the content will be free, so don’t worry, I won’t pressure you to buy anything.
- I’ve got endorsements by those in the professional counseling field as well as an M.D., doctor of Internal Medicine for Getting Through. Initial response is both humbling and encouraging — I hope it’s going to help a lot of people.
- My agent and I are already in talks about the next two books I’ll write.
- On the 11th, I start working with SLU Hospital in St. Louis to create a living donor advocacy/mentorship program.
- I’m speaking at the Find Your Fortitude Conference in a couple of weeks — as of early yesterday, there were only 11 tickets left.
- Lining up more conference speaking engagements as well as new coaching projects.
As you can tell, future announcements will soon arrive. In the meantime however, I want to leave you with this thought. I hear from many of you who struggle, wondering what your purpose is, or thinking you must not have one.
Let me clarify — you absolutely have a unique purpose, something God especially designed in you. I believe besides experiencing an amazing relationship with Jesus Christ, part of our reason for living is to set out on the adventure of discovering why were made. It’s frustrating until you figure it out, but I can tell you, often the answer is right beneath your nose.
Just don’t quit looking, and don’t give up — I almost did, and would have missed out on all the wonderful things happening in my life. There’s nothing like living in the skin of who God made you to be.
Life is never perfect, all of us will face adversity of some kind, but I promise your tenacity will pay off. So hang in there, keep following, and occasionally we’ll explore this subject together. There’s a light at the end of the valley, and you don’t have to walk alone. Remember, you can’t experience a miracle, without first having a problem — the bigger the problem, there greater your potential for a miracle.
What are you struggling to get through?
Anita Fresh Faith
Luke 3:5 (NLT)
The valleys will be filled, and the mountains and hills made level. The curves will be straightened, and the rough places made smooth.
Anita Agers-Brooks is an international speaker, Business and Inspirational Coach, Communications Specialist, Certified Personality Trainer, and Certified Training Facilitator. In addition, Anita is the author of, First Hired, Last Fired — How to Become Irreplaceable in Any Job Market. Her latest book, Getting Through What You Can’t Get Over, releases through Barbour Publishing in April, 2015.
Anita also co-hosts a weekly podcast, Engaging Life and Leadership with Darren Dake, available on iTunes, Stitcher, and other podcast platforms.
She’s a partner in The Zenith Zone, a business consulting firm. Member of the National Association of Professional Women, Christian Writer’s Guild, Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, and Toastmasters. A graduate of CLASSeminars for Leaders, Speakers, and Authors, a co-founder of The StoryWriting Studio, and speaker on circuit for Stonecroft International Ministries.
Anita is passionate about work with integrity, healthy relationships, healing hurts, and issues of identity. She travels the country teaching others from her personal experiences and research. She believes it’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith.